This is automatically generated documentation. Edit after the "COMMENTS" heading; changes to the main body will be lost.
removes dead code from a Click configuration
tool speeds up some Click configurations by removing dead code. This
Any elements not reachable from both a source element
and a sink element
. Click packet source elements include FromDevice
; packet sink elements include ToDump
, and Discard
(when it is used as a pull element).
Scheduler elements that have only one attached input are redundant, so they are removed.
Dead ports on tee elements (Tee
(n)) are removed. These are ports with no packet sink downstream.
Tee elements that have only one attached output are redundant, so they are removed.
will not remove any information elements. Connections to removed elements
are rerouted appropriately.
will transform this configuration,
Idle -> Counter -> td1 :: ToDump(a);
InfiniteSource -> ss :: StaticSwitch(1);
ss -> ToDump(c);
ss -> Queue -> rr :: RoundRobinSched;
Idle -> rr;
rr -> td2 :: ToDump(b);
into this configuration:
InfiniteSource -> Queue -> td2 :: ToDump(b);
Note that the resulting configuration is not guaranteed to have the same
semantics as the input configuration. Here, for example, the result
configuration does not truncate the files 'a' and 'c'.
The resulting configuration is written to the standard output.
If any filename argument is a single dash "-",
will use the standard input or output instead, as appropriate.
- -f file
- Read the router configuration to transform from file. The default is the standard input.
- -e expr
- Use expr, a string in the Click language, as the router configuration to transform.
- -o file
- Write the output router configuration to file. The default is the standard output.
- -k, --kernel
- Check the configuration only for the linuxmodule Linux kernel module driver.
- -u, --user
- Check the configuration only for the userdriver user-level driver.
- -c, --config
- Output only the new configuration, not any archived packages.
- -V, --verbose
- Print debugging information about the transformation -- for example, which elements are chosen as sources and sinks.
- Print usage information and exit.
- Print the version number and some quickie warranty information and exit.