This is automatically generated documentation. Edit after the "COMMENTS" heading; changes to the main body will be lost.
FromIPSummaryDump -- Click element;
reads packets from an IP summary dump file
FromIPSummaryDump(FILENAME [, keywords STOP, TIMING, ACTIVE, ZERO, CHECKSUM, PROTO, MULTIPACKET, SAMPLE, CONTENTS, FLOWID])
Ports: no inputs, 1 output
Package: analysis (core)
Reads IP packet descriptors from a file produced by ToIPSummaryDump, then
creates packets containing info from the descriptors and pushes them out the
output. Optionally stops the driver when there are no more packets.
The file may be compressed with gzip(1) or bzip2(1); FromIPSummaryDump will
run zcat(1) or bzcat(1) to uncompress it.
FromIPSummaryDump reads from the file named FILENAME unless FILENAME is a
single dash '
-', in which case it reads from the standard input. It will
not uncompress the standard input, however.
Keyword arguments are:
- Boolean. If true, then FromIPSummaryDump will ask the router to stop when it
is done reading. Default is false.
- Boolean. If true, then FromIPSummaryDump tries to maintain the timing of the
original packet stream. The first packet is emitted immediately; thereafter,
FromIPSummaryDump maintains the delays between packets. Default is false.
- Boolean. If false, then FromIPSummaryDump will not emit packets (until the
active' handler is written). Default is true.
- Boolean. Determines the contents of packet data not set by the dump. If true
(the default), this data is zero. If false, it is random garbage.
- Boolean. If true, then output packets' IP, TCP, and UDP checksums are set, and
have actual data bytes covering the entire IP length (whether or not those
data bytes were defined). If false (the default), then the checksum fields
contain random garbage, and output packets may be shorter than their IP
headers' length fields (the EXTRA_LENGTH annotation is set to account for the
- Byte (0-255). Sets the IP protocol used for output packets when the dump
doesn't specify a protocol. Default is 6 (TCP).
- Boolean. If true, then FromIPSummaryDump will emit multiple packets for each
line---specifically, it will emit as many packets as the packet count field
specifies. Default is false.
- Unsigned real number between 0 and 1. FromIPSummaryDump will output each
packet with probability SAMPLE. Default is 1. FromIPSummaryDump uses
fixed-point arithmetic, so the actual sampling probability may differ
substantially from the requested sampling probability. Use the
sampling_prob handler to find out the actual probability. If MULTIPACKET is
true, then the sampling probability applies separately to the multiple packets
generated per record.
- String, containing a space-separated list of content names (see
ToIPSummaryDump for the possibilities). Defines the default contents of the
- String, containing a space-separated flow ID (source address, source port,
destination address, destination port, and, optionally, protocol). Defines the
IP addresses and ports used by default. Any flow information in the input file
will override this setting.
- Boolean. If true, allow nonexistent and empty files: FromIPSummaryDump will
successfully initialize even if the input file is nonexistent or empty.
Defaults to false.
Only available in user-level processes.
Packets generated by FromIPSummaryDump always have IP version 4 and a correct
IP header length. The default IP protocol is TCP (6) and the default
time-to-live is 100. The rest of the packet data is zero or garbage, unless
set by the dump. Generated packets will usually have short lengths, but the
extra header length annotations are set correctly.
FromIPSummaryDump is a notifier signal, active when the element is active and
the dump contains more packets.
- sampling_prob (read-only)
- Returns the sampling probability (see the SAMPLE keyword argument).
- active (read/write)
- Value is a Boolean.
- encap (read-only)
- Returns 'IP'. Useful for ToDump's USE_ENCAP_FROM option.
- filesize (read-only)
- Returns the length of the FromIPSummaryDump file, in bytes, or "-" if that
length cannot be determined.
- filepos (read-only)
- Returns FromIPSummaryDump's position in the file, in bytes.
- stop (write-only)
- When written, sets 'active' to false and stops the driver.
Generated by 'click-elem2man' from '../elements/analysis/fromipsumdump.hh:13' on 12/Jul/2011.