This is automatically generated documentation. Edit after the "COMMENTS" heading; changes to the main body will be lost.
InfiniteSource -- Click element;
generates packets whenever scheduled
InfiniteSource([DATA, LIMIT, BURST, ACTIVE, keywords])
Ports: no inputs, 1 output
Package: standard (core)
Creates packets consisting of DATA. Pushes BURST such packets out its single
output every time it is scheduled (which will be often). Stops sending after
LIMIT packets are generated; but if LIMIT is negative, sends packets forever.
Will send packets only if ACTIVE is true. (ACTIVE is true by default.) Default
DATA is at least 64 bytes long. Default LIMIT is -1 (send packets forever).
Default BURST is 1.
Keyword arguments are:
- String. Same as the DATA argument.
- Integer. If set, the outgoing packet will have this length.
- Integer. Same as the LIMIT argument.
- Integer. Same as the BURST argument.
- Boolean. Same as the ACTIVE argument.
- Boolean. If true, then stop the driver once LIMIT packets are sent. Default is
- A write handler called once LIMIT packets are sent. END_CALL and
STOP are mutually exclusive.
- Boolean. If false, do not set the timestamp annotation on generated
packets. Defaults to true.
To generate a particular traffic pattern, use this element and RatedSource
in conjunction with Script.
InfiniteSource(\<0800>) -> Queue -> ...
Useful for profiling and experiments. Packets' timestamp annotations are set
to the current time.
InfiniteSource listens for downstream full notification.
- count (read-only)
- Returns the total number of packets that have been generated.
- reset (write-only)
- Resets the number of generated packets to 0. The InfiniteSource will then
generate another LIMIT packets (if it is active).
- data (read/write)
- Returns or sets the DATA parameter.
- length (read/write)
- Returns or sets the LENGTH parameter.
- limit (read/write)
- Returns or sets the LIMIT parameter.
- burst (read/write)
- Returns or sets the BURST parameter.
- active (read/write)
- Makes the element active or inactive.
Generated by 'click-elem2man' from '../elements/standard/infinitesource.hh:9' on 16/Jan/2012.