This is automatically generated documentation. Edit after the "COMMENTS" heading; changes to the main body will be lost.
RatedSource -- Click element;
generates packets at specified rate
RatedSource([DATA, RATE, LIMIT, ACTIVE, KEYWORDS])
Ports: no inputs, 1 output
Package: standard (core)
Creates packets consisting of DATA, emitting at most LIMIT such packets out
its single output at a rate of RATE packets per second. When used as a push
element, RatedSource will send a maximum of one packet per scheduling, so very
high RATEs may not be achievable. If LIMIT is negative, sends packets forever.
Will send packets only if ACTIVE is true. Default DATA is at least 64 bytes
long. Default RATE is 10. Default LIMIT is -1 (send packets forever). Default
ACTIVE is true.
Keyword arguments are:
- String. Same as the DATA argument.
- Integer. If set, the outgoing packet will have this length.
- Integer. Same as the RATE argument.
- Integer. Sets the RATE argument based on the initial outgoing packet length
and a target bandwdith.
- Integer. Same as the LIMIT argument.
- Boolean. Same as the ACTIVE? argument.
- Boolean. If true, then stop the driver once LIMIT packets are sent. Default is
To generate a particular repeatable traffic pattern, use this element's
rate and active handlers in conjunction with Script.
RatedSource(\<0800>, 10, 1000) -> Queue -> ...
- count (read-only)
- Returns the total number of packets that have been generated.
- reset (write-only)
- Resets the number of generated packets to 0. The RatedSource will then
generate another LIMIT packets (if it is active).
- data (read/write)
- Returns or sets the DATA parameter.
- length (read/write)
- Returns or sets the LENGTH parameter.
- rate (read/write)
- Returns or sets the RATE parameter.
- limit (read/write)
- Returns or sets the LIMIT parameter. Negative numbers mean no limit.
- active (read/write)
- Makes the element active or inactive.
Generated by 'click-elem2man' from '../elements/standard/ratedsource.hh:8' on 16/Jan/2012.